Over the last 30 years as a consultant, I have used a wide range of methodologies to assess user information requirements for intranets and search applications. In this presentation I will present a summary of each of these methodologies (e.g. personas, service blueprints, top task analysis, search analytics, ethnographic interviews and surveys) providing my views on their strengths and weaknesses. Where possible these will be illustrated with case studies. There will be a list of resources about these methodologies in the presentation deck.
- – Guidance to manage a user requirements project
- – A catalogue of user requirements methodologies
- – An analysis of their strengths and weaknesses based on experience gained over 100 projects in the course of the last 30 years
- – Illustrations from projects to provide a context for the methodologies
- – The importance of understanding organisational cultures
- – A list of resources that delegates can use to gain further information
Adoption & Change Management Business Case Collaboration DEX (Digital Employee Experience) Enterprise Social Network HR Intranet/Digital Workplace Knowledge Management Search & Findability Usability